Thursday, February 14, 2013

A French Beauty


A Parisian Beauty

I figured since it is Valentine's Day, I would publish this interesting email I recently received from Michael in Paris, France who sent in this great photo and said:

"Hello Jake. Congrats on Jake's Rolex World Blog, which I read every day. Here is a picture of my wife's Rolex GMT 1675, featuring a gorgeous pink/purple insert. I just love this color and it perfectly fits a woman's wrist.

All the best,

Michael Chatelais
Paris, France


Just in case you are not familiar with what is going on, Michael's wife's Rolex GMT pictured above began its life as a Pepsi GMT, meaning its bezel insert was originally a deep red and a navy/cobalt blue, but over the decades it faded/oxidized into a fuschia/pink with purple as seen above. Not all Pepsi bezel inserts fade this way. So what originally was seen as a defect in color shifting, has not become an appealing vintage patina that is sought out by women.