Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Rolex Coolness: Gordon Ramsay & David Beckham


Rolex Coolness
Gordon Ramsay & David Beckham
L.A. Lakers Mini Rolex Superstar GTG & RISitus

This series of photos is so funny!!! Cooking superstar Gordon Ramsay is pictured on the left and soccer superstar David Beckham is pictured on the right–at an L.A. Lakers Game. In the first photo we see Gordon and David, who are both from the United Kingdom, trading Rolex sport watches. It appears they traded to check out each others Rolex watches. David Beckham wears a Rolex DEEP-SEA SEA-DWELLER, and Gordon appears to be wearing a Submariner or SEA-DWELLER.


Just for the record, GTG stands for Watch Get Together, which is when a group of watch enthusiasts get together and talk about each others watches. One of the things that typically occurs at a watch GTG is each person takes off their Rolex and shares it with the other members. (I realize I am crazy, but hey! You are reading this!!! =)

RISitus is a form of WISitus. WISitus stands for Watch Idiot Savant and RISitus stands for Rolex Idiot Savant. A Watch Idiot Savant is a dysphemism for somebody who knows all kinds of esoteric and arcane facts about watches, and Rolex Idiot Savant is the same thing except that it means you are an advanced Rolex fanatic–like me =) Just for the record a dysphemism is the literal antithesis of a euphemism =)

Wow!!! I am trying to share what my cooky language means and I am ending up sounding like a cross between Rainman and William F. Buckley Jr. I'll quit while I'm ahead–that's assuming I am ahead =)



Whatchou' talkin' bout Willis?
(A Tribute To Tanya =)


Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!

No comments:

IF YOU ENJOY JAKE'S ROLEX WORLD BE CERTAIN TO CHECK OUT JAKE'S OTHER BLOGS: