Saturday, June 07, 2008

The Yellow Submarine...




The Beatles sang, "We all live in a Yellow Submarine!!! A Yellow Submarine, A Yellow Submarine.  Just as Yellow Submarine is a classic, so is the Yellow Submariner.  The Yellow Gold Submariner with the stunning cobalt blue dial and matching bezel is perhaps one of the most underrated Rolex watches today.

For the last decade, Stainless Steel Rolex watches have been all the rage, and gold, ironically has taken a back seat.  Why is this? and will it ever change?

I like Stainless Steel like everybody else, but I also like yellow gold.  Yellow gold Rolex watches are striking, and the yellow gold Rolex Submariner with the cobalt blue bezel and dial is particulary stunning, radiant and vibrant in the most positive sense of the term.

This watch emits so much energy and is so aquatic and charismatic.  I really want one.  How about you?  What do you think?

I put up these pictures of the Yellow Sub simply because I think it is beautiful. The incredible contrast of the blue with the gold reminds me of the blue lapis inlay in King Tut's Mask. It has a Deco kind of back-vibe. I hope you enjoy.